[python] Re: (Python) More progress!

  • From: Ronald Hongsermeier <rwhongser@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:42:01 +0200

Hi All,
>   Managed to get a bit more done this weekend, I shortened the "backbone" &
> tapered it, can't do anymore to that part now until I decide on a seat, I'm
> leaning towards buying either a plastic "flevo" seat from Dutch speed bikes
> at 46.50+14pp to Spain or a shaped plywood seat from Zephr (Holland, thanks
> Dennis) at 33euro, waiting for a reply for postage.    I'm guessing that the
> plastic seat is going to be pretty hot with or without foam, anyone got
> experience of plastic versus plywood?.
>
>    I'm planning on bolting the BB swing arm brackets to the frame, then the
> BB can be serviced, it's not clear in the photo that I've welded a small
> "square" cut from the crank arms inside each bracket so there is no stress on
> the bolts.
>   I'm aiming at a steering angle of 64 degrees sat on the bike, remember with
> suspension its constantly changing as the bike moves up & down, albeit not a
> lot. Its also worth mentioning for anyone building a bike, or with a bike
> that they would like to try a different angle on how a different size tyre
> can make a change, another size of wheel will make a big difference.
>
>   Regards, Carl.

Hi Carl,
The snake is coming along quite nicely. What is the purpose of the big hole in
the top side of the seat holding member? It appears to me that this is in a
non-optimal place. If you fasten one end of  the seat above the hole you'll
have a pre-arranged failure point. Or am I missing something?

I cut out the part of the picture in question and put an ellipse around the
hole.

regards,
Ron