[python] Python Birdcage travelling

  • From: Serge Prinz <prinz_serge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 13:45:08 +0200

Hi all,

2 weeks before i make a little 3 days trip with my Python;
First time for me to travel with bike for more than one day, and first time with luggage. First day started in Eupen via Raeren Vennbahn bicycleway L48 (perfect from Raeren to Waimes), to near to Troisvierges/Clervaux Luxembourg 135 km, second day escape Luxembourg (Roller coaster!) via perfect cycleway L163 Gouvy - Bastogne, La Roche en Ardenne, to Barvaux km123 , third day via "Ourthe Valley" to Esneux, crossing Liège-Chenée and back via L38 bicycleway to Eupen km112. The trip was 370 km long and has about 3800 height meters, 19km/h average speed. Weather conditions sunny the 2 first days , rainy the second part of 3rd day. Luggage was about 10 kilos, and make the bike heavy but no problem of control, the additive weight make the bike less nervous. Max speed on this tour was 56 kmh on a perfect road, but i must brake, dont feel save enough , to let the bike increase more speed (not much driven the last years).
Downhill on bad quality roads i could drive  max speed 20 km/h, not more.
New things on the bike was luggage bars on the rear and a little Headrest on top of the seat. The Headrest was very nice thing, because many times before, i became neckpain after long trips.

Notice some errors: i planed to made average speed about 23/25 kmh, but the 1st reason for me because it was not possible, was the bad conditions of several bicycle paths (max 16kmh and little crash), second that if you need food and water you had to search and drive into city... second error : to think that Luxembourg was a flat land ! (never be before there with a bike, only with my car)

Hope you enjoy reading
Wish all a sunny day!

Serge from Belgium

http://en.openbike.org/images/openbike/0/0b/Python_near_Waimes_Belgium_%28Vennbahn_Waimes-StVith%29.jpg
python near Waimes Belgium (Vennbahn Waimes-StVith)

http://en.openbike.org/images/openbike/f/f3/Python_on_Road_RV6_near_Givroulle%2C_Wyompont_Belgium.jpg
python on Road RV6 near Givroulle / Wyompont Belgium