[python] Re: Pivot Angle Summary (epic)

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:36:05 +0200

Thanks for this great summary.

Thanks Dirk. I am relieved that it was understandable.

Special thanks to all who helped making the conclusions by sharing their
experiences and ideas. I think we are close to a decent theory.

You could hint future subscribers to some kind of best-of email link
list within the response email they get :-)

I will try to gather all the knowledge we achieved on my page. HTML offers more design features than plain text.

Could you extend what you mean by equilibrium? Equilibrium between the flop-force and the centering force?

I hoped someone would ask this. The equilibrium of these forces should be computable by ordinary engineering mechanics. Anybody is skilled in this? Once we have the equilibrium we have to add a factor to ensure that the wheel flop force is overpowered.

Is the self-centering only dependend on the angle, or do i.e the distances between wheel centers and pivot point matter as well? If this would be the case, one could vary those distances while keeping
the optimum angle and potentially raise the centering effect...

I will have to play around with Dirk Bonné's program to answer this and tell you later.