[python] Re: PSI

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 01:47:42 +0100

Hi Pythoneers!

FWIW, now that I can actually go out on rides on my (training-trike) Python, I noticed from the first that there's no detectable PSI, and that there's a strong self-straightening effect from my weight on the seat. The steering angle is pretty close to 67 degrees, and the steering axis is just about straight through my hip-line. 20-inch wheels throughout.

Regarding folding and falling over when you leave the bike: on my training-trike rig, I've restricted the degree to which the front and middle sections of the Python can lean -- about 15 degrees each side -- just using simple braided rope stops tied between the seat-fork head (using a Mages-design seat made from a bike front fork and car safety-belting) and the rear frame.

One happy side result of these lean restrictors is that I can just get up and leave the trike without needing to prop it in any way. It leans the seat-fork gently over to one side, and the front end turns that same direction and leans just a bit further -- then everything just sits so, without further movement, just like a rigid trike. No need for propping on a pedal, or anything. Very convenient!

Hwyl,  Rh