[python] Re: PSI

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:51:38 +0200

No problems with that. Clipless pedals are always a good choice on MBB-recumbents. The two forces that counteract negative trail are the front-wheel propulsion (no matter if pushing or pulling the pedals) and gravity.

I use to ride normal pedals for cruising and relaxing, but prefer clipless if more performance is needed.

On 17.08.2010 11:27, Matthias P. Nowak wrote:
Mike Channon wrote:
Howard

What about having the cranks arranged so that both feet push at the same time?
There should be no PSI but of course power delivery would be not as smooth.
Clipless pedals would allow for some pulling as well as pushing.

Hei,

I'm a bit skeptical on that solution. My understanding is that the pedal force
is required to
keep the python stable (counteracting negative trail). Under this assumption,
every time you pull
your legs you will have a very unstable bike. I think the python need some
pedal force all the time.

med vennlig hilsen Matthias