[python] Re: P4 Trike

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:42:30 +0100

Jürgen Mages wrote:

At speeds above 10km/h the trike started to wobble. I have to
investigate this.

Jukka told me, that there a finnish trike called Hipparion.
http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/davinci/fill.html
It also has negative trail, and is rideable without hands. So
I had some talk with the builder Esko Meriluoto.
Surprisingly he already knew the python and like many others
he doubts of its rideability because of the NT:

Still I don't understand, how it's possible to drive Pyhthon :)
The negative trail should be impossible! Vice versa, in trikes it is very good.

did Esko say why negative trails are good on trikes?

In case of the P4 Trike he says that the wheelbase might be too
short or that the wheels are not in line.
So I will lenghten it 10 cm and tell you how it works.

Isn't it wobbly because it is just still to flexible. How did you fix the pivot? Maybe it is not fixed enough. May be a simple extra steel tube would solve the problem.

greatings,
Dirk

PS: attached a pic of my build project- only the seat mount and I can try it out!!!

JPEG image