[python] Re: P4 Trike

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:12:32 +0100

A note here.  I have a Trailmate Fun cycle that is similar to a  python
(different pivot arrangement, but otherwise similar) it is a delta
platform front wheel drive trike.  At speeds of aobut 15 mph/25
kmh it  begins to wobble, dancing from rear wheel to rear wheel
in a dance of  death!  It will  eventually flip over.

Seems to be a common problem. Esko uses a steering damper in his Hipparion trike.

Still I don't understand, how it's possible to drive Pyhthon :)
The negative trail should be impossible! Vice versa, in trikes it is
very good.

did Esko say why negative trails are good on trikes?

Unfortunately not. But I will ask him.

Isn't it wobbly because it is just still to flexible. How did you fix
the pivot? Maybe it is not fixed enough. May be a simple extra steel
tube would solve the problem.

Tomorrow, I will re-weld the whole rear part, make the wheelbase 10 cm longer and reinforce the frame. Also the longer WB puts more weight on the front wheel. Yesterday Maja was totally happy with her trike, riding around in the park. Tomorrow we will try our first 15 km tour.