[python] Re: Olafs Paint

  • From: Olaf Johansson <noll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 21:21:08 +0200

Jürgen, this is day one in The Life of Monty. Yesterday I assembled the components and only had time for a tour around the block in the evening. Today I spent some time photographing monty (while the bike still looks good) and I also did the web page. Not until this evening I got time for my first longer tour.

I went outside town on a winding bike path under a clear blue sky through green and yellow spring fields. Everywhere birds and animals – yes, flies as well. I estimate the tour was 30 kilometres. Already from the beginning I felt quite safe and sure on the bike as it has proven itself to be stable at low speeds. But already after these 30 km I feel I have gained much more confidence.

The ride was so enjoyable and I love the thought of having the bike this summer and learning to ride it really well. There is something about the challenge that inspires me. On a common recumbent, once you are stable on it all you can do is trying to go faster and faster. Speed is not stimulating me, but I am not afraid of speed either. It is simply not a big enough challenge. That is perhaps why I during the past year have done more unicycling than any other cycling.

Anyway, back to the bike. My complaints are small: The rear mudguard is too short so I get sprayed dirt water down my neck. And there is a slight noise somewhere ... hm, I guess my biggest concern is that the bike will hold the season out. Oh yes, the seat is not ideal. On a regular recumbent the perforated alu-seats from Challenge are among the best, but here on a knicklenker it is different. It is too hard and rigid. I would appreciate something more flexible.

I think you can read between the lines that I am more than happy with the bike. I love it!

Olaf

On May 11, 2005, at 19:46, Jürgen Mages wrote:

PS: Olaf wouldn´t you let the cat out of the bag and
tell us the colour of your Monty ;-)

Well why don't you take a look?

http://www.liggcykel.se/montypage.html

Perhaps you can change the links on the python page?

olaf

I am stunned - this is soooo beautiful!

Can´t wait for you going into production, to
order my own Monty.

I would want to shut down my crappy website,
right now ;-)

Congratulations by
Jürgen.