[python] Re: [OT] some list technical notes

  • From: Stephan Schöling <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:29:38 +0100

Hi,

i am a bit too late with this posting, but i want to let you know my opinion although.

The success of the python-project is mainly based on free available information and the possibility to ask questions to other builders. I think, the combination of the mailing list and Juergens website is very good, the one for discussing questions, the other as knowledge base (and linking to other knowledge on other websites).

I was able to learn what is to do tho build my own python, so i´m happy with the current situation.

If you think about a new knowledge-base, a wiki would be the best platform, but let the mailing list live for discussion, it is fast and effective like no other system.

Stephan

Jürgen Mages wrote:
Thanks for all your well considered replies.

The tendency to stay with this mailinglist instead of
moving to a forum is clear enough.

Also the freelists.org guys do a very good job. The list
runs flawlessly for 3,5 years now. Archive research works
sufficiently and users that feel annoyed by postings can
set themselves on digest or vacation mode (easy to get
vacation here).

So everything stays as it was ...

PS: Only one person joined the ICQ chat. Seems to be no
real demand for this.