[python] [OT] re: eco pioneers

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:37:17 +0100

- does anybody know if there exists social forums on the web, where
members can showcase their projects and interact, divided into
categories like "watermanegement, transport, domestic etc."

i see it before me a system where you can appreciate projects, become
group member and participate and be appreciated. (a little bit like
it already is on the pythonlist, but more "myspace" and more
projects)

Hello Dirk Jan,

sorry I don't know such a network. And if it doesn't exist
how about you establishing it? - Seriously.

People tend to wait for others to raise s.th. they are longing for.
But progress could be greatly accelerated if everyone starts to
work for his ideas, or at least helps others in realising them.

E.g. I always looked for a european long distance cycling route project.
Nothing really helpful in sight. Two years ago I started a small wiki
and gathered informations about the major routes. I created GPS tracks
that showed the exact path and filled the wiki with roadbooks and info
about the route (unfortunately in German). If s.o. likes to help me
with that, I would appreciate it. The current status of the wiki can
be seen here:

http://www.python-lowracer.de/wiki/pm/Radfernwege.html

The whole project is not commercial and is licenced under creative
commons. Please contact me per PM if you are interested and not
through this mailinglist.

Cheers,
Jürgen.

ps. Today i see Rhisiart Gwilyms post today, well said! i was totally
surprised as i wrote this 2 days ago.

pps: I checked that. Your post was blocked by the listbot because of
a not subscribed mail adress. Sorry.