[python] Re: [OT] 42

  • From: Stephan Schöling <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:12:04 +0100

Hallo Rhisiart,

of course i know Douglas Adams books . I read nearly all, including his 5-volumed trilogy. This Story, the time i worked till the first ride, all answers to unknown questions and much more in my live made me to choose "42" as my pythons name.
And - it´s a nice number, isn´t it ?

BTW: I knew that -you- would ask me ;-)
And your friends place is magic ! I found my magic place in scotland at the banks of Loch Tay years ago. I´m afraid i´ll never be able to buy it and live there.

Rhisiart Gwilym wrote:
Siwmae Stephan,

Just been looking again at your webpage about the building of 42.

Do you know Douglas Adams' famous story: 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe' ?

In that comic masterpiece there's a passage where they talk about The Answer - to Life, the Universe, and Everything.

The answer is ------   '42'!