[python] Re: New to List

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:46:30 +0200

John Lewis wrote:
> joao ricardo boff preichardt wrote:
>
>> Mr. Lewis
>>
>> I had a similar problem like short legs...
>>
> Hello joao,
>
> Thank you for your reply. No need to call me Mr Lewis. Please call me
> John.
>
> My in seam length is 76cm. I will be using Jurgen's site today and
> doing measurements to see what will fit. Then I will start work on my
> Python.
You could also consider using shorter cranks. This works quite well also
on 26" recumbents. A friend is using 145mm cranks on a 26" ZOX clone and
mountain bike gearing, and he is very happy with them. You do have an
adaption phase as you need to get used to the higher pedalling rate.

I use myself shorter cranks but on my small wheel python and am very
happy with them.