[python] New pythonaut

  • From: "Uipko Berghuis" <uipko.berghuis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:43:35 +0200

Hi all,

I just thought that it isn't polite not to introduce myself and just
start shouting around, so here it comes.

I found recumbents fascinating since I knew they exist. My recumbent
life started around 5 years a go, when I bought my first bike a second
hand flevo bike. I knew it would be hard to learn to ride on it,
eventually it wasn't as hard as I had imagined.

After I was infected with the recumbent virus I bought a rowingbike
(http://www.rowingbike.com/main.php?sNewLang=GB) to get the rest of my
body in shape. Still working on that point ;) Recently I bought a
2x26" "normal" recumbent bike because the flevo bike isn't fast and
comfy enough. But now i really mis the riding without using my hands,
it really adds a lot to the comfortable feeling of riding a recumbent.

I'm found the python site a couple of years a go, I realy liked the
idea of using big wheels, for comfort, and center steering. Then I
bought a house and had to do a lot of work to make it the way I want,
so no time think about making bikes. The work on the house is getting
less, so I started again to think about building a bike. So I went
again to the python site and saw that many people followed the good
example that Jurgen gave us.

I'm lurching the list for quiet some time now, I already made a
drawing of the bike I would like to make. I will post the drawing
later so you can give feedback. I don't know if I ever will build a
bike, I don't have any experience in welding and bike building. Well
when I was a kid I did fix bikes or made one out of 2 broken ones, but
that was more exchanging parts than building them :) I'm also a person
with 101 ideas and started projects but the finished projects aren't
that many.

ps: I live in Holland so if you have problems with stuff finding in
Holland or translating, maybe I can help. My English is a bit rusty
but I think it is understandable, if not please say so.

Uipko