[python] Re: New python from Finland

  • From: Torben Scheel<torben@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:27:54 +0200

Careful with that back! Learning to ride a python isn't exactly good therapy for back problems in my experience. You do a lot of musclework with the lower back to avoid falling in the beginning. Take time off the bike when you feel pain or tension.

Good luck with the python!

Cheers,
Torben

This project has been one of the best succeeded what i've been done, got "influence" in May, gathering bike parts from local junkyard and steel tubes came from friend's garage. In June I was lucky to have a place where I was able to weld everything together.

In July I finished the frame in my backyard and started to learning how to ride the damn thing! One hour per day it took 15 hours to convince myself that I may be able to ride somewhere else than on the empty car park only!

From now on I am counting kilometres, not hours. The Python has cost next to nothing, if we are not counting a beer case to the welding place's owners, and that's not much! Everybody just keep saying that "I want to see if you are ever able to ride that thing!"

Next thing I'm going to do is modificating the seat, the fabric is not giving enough support to my lower back and because of my bad back, it's got to be changed.

A little bit more fine tuning and welding and then some Hammerite black paint, and then... who knows? :D

Pekka

2010/7/29 Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
Pekka Pitkanen from Finland sent me the link of his building-blog. Although it is in Finnisch, the pictures are very self explaining:

http://www.nojapyorafoorumi.fi/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1437

Looks promising to me and Pekka told me it works pretty well. Looking forward to hear more of it.

Thanks and Regards,