[python] Re: New Speed Record

  • From: pybuen@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 14:31:48 +0800 (WST)

Hi Vi,

Nice CAD work. I understand the need for freeing your arms from the hull for training/stability/stopping, however, I think those arms stick out too much in your design and might add quite some significant drag. Perhaps you'd need some aerodynamic-protected handles on the sides of the main hull?

Looking forward to the amphibian CAD!

Best,
Pascal

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011, Vi Vuong wrote:

Hi Jürgen,

Can you ask Matthias from Kahla for some specs / measurements, that are track specific, such as 650c/700c rims and gearing?  Is pacemake a veloshell, electric-assist motor, or some sort of go-fast device?  The word "fear" appears in Google translation a few times, so mental training must be key to going fast.

I read somewhere that there is a cadence limit beyond which our mind cannot keep up with the feet (pedal/steering interference), which can vary from person to person.  However, it seems that python is capable of going fast enough with training, where drag becomes a limitation (20mph, 30km/h), and that a velomobile shell may help.  Here is my CAD work so far, but not sure how to make it out of recycled materials yet, but I am planning to use sticks or outrigger to start / stop.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvfVLi8m9po. A water / amphibian version is coming...

Vi