[python] New P3 Video (Was: Re: PX.5 report)

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 20:36:48 +0100

Which reminds me, what is the feel when not pedaling ? Do you steer by legs or leaning?

I think the movement comes from the hips. Imagine the feet attached to the pedals and the back glued to the seat. Then there is only the hip left that can do the articulation. The legs are helping by pushing or pulling the pedals into the curve.

Do you initiate a left turn by a small right turn, as uprights do? A video from the exact front of a rider would be interesting in slo-mo.

I think it is contrary to a normal bike.

Hello Ray,

by your request I made a 60 s video (9MB) showing myself
making some 8-turns with the P3. The camera is mounted
40 cm above the BB. Nice viewing effect.

http://www.python.tieflieger.net/pics/Python%20P3,%20eight%20turns.avi

Inspirated by this, I want to build a longer support arm for the camera
to show the whole front of the bike while turning.
Coming up...