[python] Re: My trike conversion - and ice python prototype

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:51:25 -0500

Very cool, Mike  :)  So, you're going to throw some studs on those tires and
bring it to the ice races too???  :)

I'm going to make some delta rear ends for the two pythons that I have as
well.  One will be like Paul Sim's, and the other will be like the NL FWD
design.  I have a couple other designs for pythons I want to try, but I
won't be able to get rid of the pythons unless they are more easily ridden
by people, so making them lockable, tilting pythoon deltas will provide the
ease of riding/learning, clear a little space in the garage and allow me
(read that as my WIFE "allowing me") to build some more :)  I start
assembling the rear section for the PC2, then I'll make the one for my BHP
after that.  If all goes well, they'll both be ice-race ready and I'll
likely run them on studded tires.  The PC2 will get 20" rear wheels while
the BHP will get 16" disc wheels.

At any rate, as we have some ice races coming up on Feb 5th, we converted
Marcels (non permanent) to an ice python.  Initial testing is done and the
python is rideable, but it needs a few more screws in the front end, plus we
need to experiment with blade grinds.
Picture:
http://bikes.jkcc.com/md%20ice%20python.jpg

Details: