[python] Re: My idea of a trike

  • From: "Mark Garvey" <lazybee45@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 06:26:34 -0600

Back in the old days, there were "Dog Carts" with large pooches pulling
cargo and even passengers around in carts.  Mutts were not always pampered
pets, but nearly always "working" animals.

We seem to think that all animals are abused by working.  I have met and
spoken to people who own and train sled dogs and believe me, if a Husky
doesn't want to do something, he (or she) won't!  and they can reinforce
it!  Cattle and sheep dogs do it as much for the enjoyment as anything else
to look at them work.  where did this idea that work was abuse come from?

I mean no, you can't beat them, or make them work without food, water or a
break now and then.  a person who would do that is low slime!

mark

On 2/7/07, Stephan Schöling <stephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I hope the dogs have learned to take the drivers orders very well,
otherwise the trike would be really funny to steer ;-)

But really, there are Huskys are pulling sledges or 3-wheeled
training-sledges in summer. The dogs really love it to pull.

And i saw a report in TV these days about a manufacturer of _modern_
agricultural machines pulled by donkey, horses or bulls. They said it
works fine, cheap and eco-balanced.
HPV- horse  povered vehicle !

Stephan

Jürgen Mages wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> questionable if the dog finds this eco-friendly ;-)
>
> How about your project? Learning, seat, trike ...
>
> Cheers to sunny St. Lucia,
> Jürgen.
>
> On 07.02.2007 03:22, Jim wrote:
>> This is a great trike that I found.  Real eco drive
>>

>> http://www.ozebook.com/cynosphere.htm
>>

>> Jim Sparks

Mark (Mr. WizWheelz!) Garvey
Cedar Rapids, Iowa free state!

Check out the web site at:
http://www.vine-ave.com

contact us to have INVISIBLE INC! appear at your next program!  Details at
www.vine-ave.com

  Get on yer Trike and RIDE!