[python] Re: My Python Concept

  • From: "Yann Pelcat" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "pelcaty@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:44:24 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Johnny,If you want an adjustable pivot angle, drill a few holes in your
square box frame set at specific angles instead of having a long track that
your main bolt  goes throught it. That way there will be no angle change (or
bolt slippage) over time with your weight and possible rough road
conditions.Love the auto cad style design. !CheersYann

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:31 AM, Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jonny,

beautiful design!

How exactly is the pivot attached to the rear part?

In daily life, a front fender would be fine.

I would not mess with adjustable pivot angles. Just stick to one angle
(e.g. 65 deg) and get along with it.

Any pictures of your last prototype?

Hoping to see this design beauty come to live one day

Regards,
Jürgen.

On 15.04.2015 12:12, Jonathan Williams (Redacted sender
jonathancwilliams@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:

Hi Pythonauts,
Having made 2 prototypes and practiced to the point where I am confident
enough to take on some longer rides I would like to make a more finished
Python. This is my proposal, and I would appreciate any feedback anyone
may have especially the distance of the pivot from the front wheel
centre (or relative to the seat).

Key features:
24inch wheels 1200mm wheelbase
Fabricated square box section aluminium frame profiled to fit my back
with a home made glass fibre seat
Shimano Alfine 8speed internal geared hub (with single chainring - not 2
as shown)
Taper roller bearings for pivot
Adjustable pivot angle (50-70dgrees)
Adjustable seat height (front and rear)
Trail will depend on the chosen pivot angle and seat height
Adjustable bottom bracket height

Cheers

Jonny

<//www.freelists.org/list/python>