[python] Re: Like a bird learning to fly

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Python Malinglist" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 08:54:35 +0200

Hiya, I will send this for Torben from Danmark, because he was
not able to access our list:

> I was just thinking... While learning couldn't one just hold a rolling
> object in each hand (in-line skate, pizza knife or a baby rattler) and
> keep one's balance that way, meanwhile getting accustomed to
> the feel of
> the bike?

I have had the same thought - I even "braindesigned" a triangular sled w.
skaterwheels - the thought is to hold one in each hand, while learning to
fly, err, not to fall over. Inline skates could be used, but I'd be afraid
to strain the wrist.

Oh, by the way, I'm building a 700c Python with a flevoaxel instead of a
bottom bracket/crank. I'm using 30*10*1.5mm tubing for the front frame and
maybe also for the rear fork. I don't trust a regular fork used this way. My
goal is a light and fast Python with the lowest possible/practical seat
height, and the seat very reclined compared to the first prototype. And when
I've learned to fly :-) I have the sweetest carbon seat waiting for it :-)

Regards,
Torben