[python] Laurent Blog translatioin

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Python Malinglist" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:04:21 +0100

Hello, Jürgen, suggested translation as follows . Cordially yours,
Ghislain!

05-11-2004, 09:21 - I've tested, by putting on the 20 " wheel, an
increase of  positive trail...and the steering, with this set up,
remains light up to  bigger steering angles. With the "4bars linkage",
the virtual pivot moves, causing a smaller positive trail as the
steering angle increases... up to a point where it gets negative. As
the trail gets negative the steering gets heavy. With the set up
"4bars" lying flat, and 700 wheel, the trail is positive by 3 cms
only...

05-11-2004,09:28 - as a result, I've redrawn this set up...by tilting
the pivots, I tilt the trail angle too, and I get back a positive trail
with the 700 wheels, similar to the one I had with the 20" wheel. All
parts are cut out, works in progress...It's a pity : this sketch looks
like to one of the very first I did for the "4bars", that I  put  aside
trying to do simpler.