[python] Re: Jetrike Update

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:46:08 -0500

Looks good and looks smooth.  Does the T-bar rocker have the same effect as
the 190 degree rocker from the original design?  Picturing it moving in my
mind's eye it seems like it would do similar things to the tilting ratios of
the two swingarms, but in function, is it about the same as a 190 degree
angle, somethign different or have you worked that out?  I like the change
you did to the swingarms too.  It looks like you might want to make it tilt
a little further though.  The python delta I did would go to 45 degrees,
easy, and there were a couple times I bottomed it out in turns and could
have used a little more - not for regular riding though.
http://fleettrikes.com/python%202%20delta%20final%20rear.jpg

How much higher are the swingarm pivots than the rear wheel axles now?

The thing I like about homebuilding, is it's very easy to do a lot of
theorizing and making fancy plans, and critiques and everything else, but
unless you actually make an attempt at making it real, the best it'll ever
be is pure vapour.  I applaud your creation.  Even if it isn't 100% what you
wanted, it looks more than functional enough that I bet you could sell it in
a heartbeat and build one more to your liking.