[python] Jetrike Update

  • From: Henry Thomas <whpthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rick Wianecki <rwianecki@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 17:53:22 +1000

I have finished the frame at last (Photo's Attached) and there are some videos on my web site that show how the tilt action works http://jetrike.com/videos they are ASF which only seems to work with Media Player, so I will convert them to MPEG when I get a chance.

All I need to do now is sew up the seat and attach all the hardware. I have decided not to paint it yet, just in case I need to weld something new on somewhere. One thing I will need to add is a steering lock, it will currently turn 180° from side to side, but I think 90° would be sufficient, and I am worried that I will damage the chainrings if it flops over on them with the front wheel turned right 90°.

I sat on the frame today with my feet on the pedals, and sure enough I can balance very easily and lean to either side and center again without much difficulty. I have not taken it for a test ride yet, but as soon as the seat is on I will.

I will keep you posted.

-h

JPEG image

JPEG image