[python] Jaculus riding experience

  • From: Jaculus <jaculusbent@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 12:39:45 +0200

Hi

I am new here, so first  the answer on the questions concerning my
bike i read in the archives.

The jaculus has indeed standard racing bike wheels (27" or 28"
whatever you call 622 wheels).

I am not extremely long, neither are my legs. My length is aprox. 1,8
m and it is just posible to ride it.

While riding the Jaculus i get the sensation that it becomes less
stable at speed (30 km/h is the highest comfortable speed). I can
think of two explanations:

It might just be that i am still nervous about riding a bike without a
steer at speed.

I fear however that it might be a problem with the bikes geometry.

I am curious to what the deciding factor is for stability at speed. Is
the pivot angle or the trail the deciding factor?

Milan