[python] Re: Jaculus riding

  • From: dirk@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 14:04:33 +0200

Hi,

I'm just digging deep in my engineering knowldge...
In my physics lessons, we had an example of a bicycle wheel, that - while
rotating - can be balanced by having one end of the axis in between thumb and
pointing finger. Depending on the direction the wheel rotates, the person
balacing it, has to continuously turn left or right to keep the wheel upright.
This is some kind of predecessing force, that grows with inertia and rotating
speed of the wheel.
Could this phenomen happen with the (Front?)wheels of the python? While the
self-centering is a constant force, this would rise as you speed up.

Regards,
DirkS