[python] Re: Ilean connecting cranks to rear wheels

  • From: "Vi Vuong" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 21:33:12 -0700

Hi James S.

It took a while to find a set of 16" wheels with 3/8"axles and 4 cones borrowed
from 4 coaster wheels to fit the 1/2" pedal holes on the kiddie short crank.
The alignment is very simple but wasting 4 coaster brake wheels for cones would
be too much. Cranks with 9/16" hole tend to be longer, unless they are from
unicycles.

http://youtu.be/wjBZ03kAE6w
There is some noise that seems to be coming from the bearings as a result of
being side mounted. Previously I had thought it was from the Frankenstein pedal
axle not being straight or rubbing the hub. Time to try out wheels with sealed
bearing...

Vi

On Apr 10, 2015, at 10:22 AM, James Sullivan (Redacted sender
"poitco@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

James,
All you need to use are 4 wheel bearing inner races, two on each side to
attach to the pedal hole. The tapered side on the race will self align in the
pedal hole, no extra parts/machining needed. Contact me for a photo. I have
this setup on an MBB bike and if you use it in the 90 degree you will get
free suspension.