[python] Ice racers

  • From: "25hz" <25hz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:56:54 -0500

On Wed we got onto an ice rink for a good test on the ice python and two
tadpole ice racers.  Marcel's ice python initially needed more traction on
the drive wheel, but that has been fixed by doubling the screw count.  It
accelerates well, and corners great, but on the straights, the rear end is
very loose because the skate blade has a normal hockey skate grind.  We
ground a point on the blade edge and think that will fix the traction
problems because it's the same type of grind as on the blades on my ice
trike, and it corners great.  We need to extend the front fender and add
brakes as well to Marcel's python.

The titling python rear end I am building for the PC2 is coming along
nicely.  It mounts in the drop outs in place of the rear wheel and you can't
tell the difference in handling between the delta and normal rear end.  I
installed a tilt lock out and need to finish up the brake mounts, fender and
tilt stops, and then I'll put screws in the tries for the ice races too.
More details and pictures will be uploaded when I get the chance to update
the site.
http://bikes.jkcc.com/python%202%20test%20side.jpg
http://bikes.jkcc.com/python%202%20test%20rear%20tilt.jpg
http://bikes.jkcc.com/python%202%20test%20rear%20tilt%202.jpg