[python] Re: IHPVA wiki

  • From: dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 09:18:50 +0100

Dirk Steuwer wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2007 08:27:55 Henry Thomas wrote:
>
>> dirk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> Would people with private webspace like dirk, henry, etc, contribute to a
>>> wiki?
>>>
>> I would be happy to host a wiki as long as the bandwidth isn't too high
>> and the admin overhead is minimal. I guess if we keep it focused on
>> center pivot recumbents and choose some easy to setup and use wiki
>> software this would be ok. I can run Python :) based services with my
>> hosting account. Does anyone have any experience with setting up a wiki?
>>

> Marek has and i have experience, we both have webspace as well, just a matter
> of finding out which is more suitable.
> There should be enough space for pictures, not extended galleries, but
> sufficient to have all the details and variants documented.

For example by focusing on the individual projects? May be the wiki
could be structured like the project page of Jürgen. Each bike can then
be documented on its own page and maintained by the person who built the
bike. May give them a template to work from - I'de guess not every
builder has the ambition to learn how to structure his work with the
wiki description language. It has been a long time since I have looked
into a wiki - are there plugins for "wysiwyg" editing?

I would be willing to describe my bike too in the wiki although it is
doubling the information on my site.

>>  From what I have read, you really need to delegate responsibility to
>> core group of individuals so the minimal info for the initial wiki gets
>> written. Would someone be willing to coordinate this?
>>

> i'm happy to provide my share here.

though I'de like to support a wiki too, I have to pass here. I am
suffocating in work.

dirk