[python] Re: IHPVA wiki

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 22:17:28 +0100

Hello Dirk,

I would be pleased if you could setup a wiki for us. Be sure to have my support. I also could provide some info on former python projects, which have not yet been documented in the web.

I would propose MediaWiki (mySQL/PHP) because of its widespread use and the availability of lots of extensions.

Maybe Marek could assist you as a co-admin (I reckon that you both are German) but I leave this up to you.

Schöne Grüße und viel Erfolg,
Jürgen.

On 14.11.2007 08:39, Dirk Steuwer wrote:
On Wednesday 14 November 2007 08:27:55 Henry Thomas wrote:
dirk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Would people with private webspace like dirk, henry, etc, contribute to a
wiki?
I would be happy to host a wiki as long as the bandwidth isn't too high
and the admin overhead is minimal. I guess if we keep it focused on
center pivot recumbents and choose some easy to setup and use wiki
software this would be ok. I can run Python :) based services with my
hosting account. Does anyone have any experience with setting up a wiki?

Marek has and i have experience, we both have webspace as well, just a matter of finding out which is more suitable. There should be enough space for pictures, not extended galleries, but sufficient to have all the details and variants documented.

 From what I have read, you really need to delegate responsibility to
core group of individuals so the minimal info for the initial wiki gets
written. Would someone be willing to coordinate this?

i'm happy to provide my share here.

What do you suppose the minimal set of information about Pythons low racer is? ...
i guess we'll find out. There already a lot of info spread across many pages, if we start to gather and structure this, it should be more than enought more a start.

and can we have a show of hands for volunteers who would be interested
in contributing an article, including any topics they would feel
confident writing about. From what I understand, once a wiki has the
critical mass of support it needs, it should then take on a life of its
own.

Yes, some rules, some responsible people, and a login to prevent spam :-)

regards,
DirkS