[python] Re: Human power article

  • From: Al Krause <a.krause@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bill Patterson <wm.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:45:28 -0700

I would like you guys to go ahead with this and come up with something even if it's not perfect, it will leave room for someone else to perfect it when they can.

keep going!

thanks
I have been busy

Al

Bill Patterson wrote:
Hello Jurgen,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. Your geometry url below was very instructive.

The concept of seat rise is exactly the same thing as K1 in my handling qualities theory. For a normal geometry it causes a low speed wobble, but for your geometry it causes the seat to fall. This generates a strong centering spring at low speed. Wonderful idea.

I must admit that I was appalled at building any negative trail bike. I was wrong.

I have been asked to help with the technical side of Human Power and feel that the Python design process along with rider comments would make a welcome subject for us. The theory on the URL will round out the paper nicely. We might need a list of background references.
\

Bill Patterson

Hello Bill,

Writing an article for the HP magazine is not chicken-feed. Could you please outline what you expect?

Lots of material can be found here:

http://www.python-lowracer.de/geometry.html
http://dirkb.dnsalias.net/pythonselfcenter.html

Also our small communitiy could provide lots of pictures and videos.

Regards,