[python] Hub gears

  • From: "Boyd, Mark" <mark.boyd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 12:08:08 +0100

Hi Everyone

A friend of mine has a Rohloff speed hub that I am thinking of buying
for my python project. If I include an eccentric bottom bracket, it
shouldn't need any other chain tensioning device, and may even work with
a chain case. This should make for a very tidy drive train.

Other than the silly price tag that this would come with, can anyone
think of a reason why this wouldn't work? In particular, although I am
prepared for the inevitable bruising that learning to ride will bring,
do you think that having such a heavy hub will increase wheel flop and
so make the learning process even harder? If so, would you advise, say,
adjusting the steering head angle and if so to what?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mark