[python] Re: Hello Everybody

  • From: Ray Schümacher <mtb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 19:42:14 -0700

Hi Daryl,

I agree with 25Hz's comments on dimensions, and the high upright seat.

>> It may be a while before I build as I still have to work out my design.
>The
>> problem is I reeeeeally want the 26" wheels yet don't have the inseam for
>> them, the legs yes.

24" wheels should not be a problem, since you will NOT be screaming along in
top gear.
I also found that my .5x1.5" tubing is very stiff and allows the (narrow) tire
very close to the BB. If you use such tube welded to the outer edge of the BB,
a 1" tire should fit right up to the BB. My right crank arm nicks the tube, so
I'll need to adjust it.
I found that the only time I would risk crotch impact is if I ran straight into
something, and then you could just have a small guard; falling over with the
wheel sideways is the only way I've fallen...

Good luck!

Ray Schumacher
La Jolla, CA (near San Diego)
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=13&Z=11&X=296&Y=2270&W=1