[python] Re: Hello Everybody

  • From: "Daryl Bender" <darylb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 16:17:53 -0400

Hi

Thanks for all the advice!

I am trying to use as much of Jürgen's dimensions as possible. I am only
"tweaking" the rear frame for inch size tubing but, as I said, I *am*
exploring going beyond his recommended squish in the front end. With my tube
order yesterday if it all doesn't work I can make a new front end and switch
from 28" Back / 26" front to 26" back / 24" front and the pivot angles and
other frame geometry (except for 1" less ground clearance) should all remain
the same. Apart from a fondness for bigger wheels (more for rolling over
bumps than speed) the main reason for wanting a 26" is it could come from my
streetmachine after the Rohloff upgrade and it is a nice wheel. Anyway the
CAD should let me know if it will fit or not and your good advice will
definitely help. Thanks!

I have filed Ray's practice experience. Lots of good info there for when I'm
ready! :-) The "looking where your going" (and not the front wheel or too
close in front) actually applies and works for many diverse things. I used
to race a Suzuki GS1100. Even in a small boat on high seas, stand in the
middle - look to the horizon and you'll never get sea sick.

Cheers
Daryl - off email tomorrow (& the weekend) as I'll be working at home (only
working tomorrow though).