[python] Re: Geometry questions

  • From: Dustin Anderson <dustin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 15:09:51 -0700

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for you advice. It seems like that is more or less the same as the Tom Traylor head angle.

May I ask what you are riding right now? and also what is your experience at speed on a center steering bike?

Dustin

On 21-Aug-07, at 1:23 PM, dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hello Dustin,

My guess is that the pivot angle should be choosen large, e.g. 70 or
more degrees, to prevent the weight at the rear to influence the
steering behaviour.

I do not think that the trail matters so much as the angle, and you
probably can get away with taking a trail similar to existing projects. So if you go flevo style, a positive trail of 9cm(?), then you will need a steering damper to keep the front part upright. If you want a negative trail (-14cm all up to -28cm), you won't need that as the bike will keep
itself upright as you sit on it.

good luck with your project! I'de love to get my girlfriend on a
B2B-tandem!!

best regards,
Dirk

Dustin Anderson wrote:
Hello,

I am in the process of building a Flevo Back to Back and am wondering
if anyone could offer any wisdom. Pivot angle, Trail, etc.

My wife and I have toured Canada on a MIC WIC delta tandem twice and
have since sold the bike and I am going to build a dual drive train
B2B for 2008.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Dustin Anderson