[python] Re: Geometry questions

  • From: dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:23:56 +0200

Hello Dustin,

My guess is that the pivot angle should be choosen large, e.g. 70 or
more degrees, to prevent the weight at the rear to influence the
steering behaviour.

I do not think that the trail matters so much as the angle, and you
probably can get away with taking a trail similar to existing projects.
So if you go flevo style, a positive trail of 9cm(?), then you will need
a steering damper to keep the front part upright. If you want a negative
trail (-14cm all up to -28cm), you won't need that as the bike will keep
itself upright as you sit on it.

good luck with your project! I'de love to get my girlfriend on a
B2B-tandem!!

best regards,
Dirk