[python] Fwd: Welding or brazing?

  • From: Torben Scheel <torben@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 08:52:06 +0200

I have used brazing - at the bottom of this page you can see the
enforcement plates I have used :
http://www.scheel.net/old/HPV/Python/default.asp

The bend under the seat gave in (cracked slowly) without side plates,
the others are for peace of mind.

Welding is quick and mostly ugly, brazing demands small tolerances in
the joints, and the equipment is cheaper. I find brazing very
satisfying (and when you mount the bottom bracket upside down, you can
have another go without cutting - got the t-shirt :-))

Cheers,
BrazeToe