[python] Re: Fwd: Re: Prothon

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 22:53:10 +0200

Bonsoir Jérémy,

a picture says more than 1000 words. I see you took a lot of effort into the front part. I also like the metal/wood combination. Some good solutions for non-welders. What did you use for the steering pivot?

The seat however is not really suitable for a center-steered bike. As you steer with your legs the rest of the body has to be anchored with the rear part of the bike. Therefore the seat must provide as much contact area as possible. The problem with your seat is first its narrowness and second its smooth surface which supplies no "grip".

I think the bike would be perfectly rideable with a better seat.

Hello again.

so it seems that no one have realised a faired Python yet. or am i
wrong? I just can?t let fall this idea, lets see what time will
bring, maybe in a couple of years.... For the moment i am trying to
optimate and to ride my prototype (Prothon would be a nice name?)
wich is currently still not finished. It is not the bike i want to
faire, but i hope to find a good geometry and construction method for
it. It is made out of wood-rest and an aluminiumsheet (5mm). The
current weight is around 16kg, wich is ok, for me. It should be
possible to make it around 12 with other tires, different wood and
some more holes in the front part. For the moment it seems to be
reasonable to keep it a little stronger, so it might survive a while
my 95kg trying to smash it.... I would be very thankfull for any
suggestion, it is only a prototype and i would love to optimate it...

Jérémy

Ps:The pivot-angle is 63°, seat-angle aprox.43°.