[python] Re: Fw: Positive Trail using Hubless Wheel?

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 08:59:52 +0200

Hi Brendan,

thanks, but how would you achieve the alignment of the hips with the steering axis? That is necessary to avoid pedal/steering interference (psi).

Regards,
Jürgen.

On 25.07.2011 05:22, bren102 wrote:
Hi,

After reading my post below, I realized I should clarify how I
thought positive trail can be achieved - the steering pivot can now
be placed within the hubless wheel, allowing steering trail to be set
positive.

Regards,

Brendan

From: bren102 <bren102@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: Positive Trail using
Hubless Wheel? To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Received: Sunday, July 24,
2011, 11:13 PM Hi,

My first post after following the python list for a few years!

I came across the following hubless wheel design idea online and
immediately thought that its use may allow a python with positive
trail to be built. How would a positive trail python handle? The
addition of positive trail may cause a stronger self centering
effect upon steering!

Lunartic Hubless Wheel prototype:

http://www.thepadrino.com/2010/08/lunartic-cycle-bike-without-spokes.html?utm_source=wahoha.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=wahoha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPsY2NfPJtw&feature=player_embedded