[python] Re: Folks

  • From: "Eduardo L P Jr" <edulpj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 06:37:47 -0300

24 or 26 inches, are the measuring of the complete wheel, i.e., rim + tyres.
A wheel mounted with 2" wide tyres, has a 26" total diameter. If you make a
wheel with 26" rims and 1" wide tyres, the overall diameter will be 24". We
are using 26" x 1" tyres, which leads to a diameter of 610 mm or 24".

We don't use suspension. Our option was the lowest weight. The designed
ground clearance is 135 mm. We don't use the bottom bracket pivot solution.
Instead that, we are using a pivoting shell with two angular contact ball
bearings and a 12 mm pivoting axle (formerly a hardened steel bolt). The
bearings are two 7201B ("7" series). They are designed to work well with
radial and axial loadings (differing from the classical ball bearings with
don't deal very well with axial loadings).

My friend (the owner of the newborn Python), will ride it in long distance
challenges (Audax type)...

[]'s Eduardo

Ypê Bike: http://www.ypebike.cjb.net/
Ypê Mono: http://www.ype.unicyclist.com/