[python] Re: Flexible / parted seat

  • From: Kelvin Arthur <kelvin.arthur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 06:51:03 +1200

Hi Erik

Welcome to the python club!

I sounds like an interesting proposition to divide the seat, I have my doubts
as to how successful it would be, you can only try I suppose.

From my experience in learning how to ride, by the time I had ridden 50-60km I
was able to stay upright for a few hundred metres, was gaining a lot of
control, but I still required half a road and was all over the show.  It was
during this time that I wrenched my back a few times because you are actually
able (within reason) to recover control when things aren't going right.  The
last time I fell off through loss of control was at the 200 km mark.  Sounds
sad, but that's just how it was!  To be fair, I was not falling off much after
100 km, but I think you may have to just push through your next few rides and
you may well find that it comes right for you.

An easier (maybe) way to make your ride more stable is to lengthen the
wheelbase a little, it does depend how you have made it as to how easy this
will be.  My python went through a heap of changes during the first few hundred
km, one was to shorten the wheelbase about 120mm, this had a surprisingly
significant effect on how twitchy the bike was.

My few cents worth.

Kelvin

Sent from my iPad