[python] Flexible / parted seat

  • From: Erik Wassermann <erik.wassermann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 16:04:43 +0200

Hi Everyone,

after finishing my first python and driving the first 50-60km I´m
still not really satisfied with my seat.
I use a diy plywood/ rib seat like some others too. When cruising
around I often have problems to hold the upper part of my back down to
the seat and the ride becomes really unstable. I have the impression
that the whole tilting and twisting of my butt and lower back on the
rigid seat is (at least partially) responsible for that

During the last ride I had the idea to drastically change the concept
of the seat:
To divide in two parts. One (small) part for my butt and the larger
part for my back. The part for the butt will be attached to the front
part and thus will rotate together with my legs during steering. The
back part is fixed to the rear frame.

With this configuration I hope to get better feeling for steering and
reduce the motion of my upper back.

Does anyone have any experience with such a parted or flexible seat. I
don´t want to run in the wrong direction and after hacking my seat in
two parts there will be no way back (except building a new one).

P.S.: my python is a dual 622 configuration with road tyres and
adjustable pivot angle trough rod end bearings