[python] Re: First Down-Under Python

  • From: robert w <robxv1101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 04:30:38 -0800 (PST)

  Python-Militaire.
  Answers to querries below.

Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx> wrote:
    > obviously your python has a very special configuration for chain
> management and
> gearing. The bottom bracket seems to be mounted in the middle of the front
> hub.
> I guess this makes it possible to build a lighter and simpler front part
> and to allow
> a large front wheel even for short riders.
>
> Can you please explain these parts and show us some more pics of it?
> How did you build this bb and front hub?

Yesssssss!
Reasonable Questions.

  Here are the 'reasonable' answers:
  All parts are recycled.
  The hub has four sealed bearings, 2-supporting the hub on the ex unibike axle
and 2-in unibike housings supporting this axle. (see photo 1).
  The rear drive gear is welded onto the 5 sprockets cluster gears and drives a
freewheel mounted on the hub. The cluches in the gears are removed.
  I am still working out the best way to mount the front deralieur.
  The rear shock arrangement is self explanatory (see photo 2). The swing pivot
is recycled front wheel hub stripped from spoke flanges and pushed into the BB
on the old 16" folding frame. The seat adjusts forward 10cm for correct x-seam.

  And we are always curious about things like:

Pivot Angle-65-70cm (it varies due to rear shock movement)
Trail-25
Seat Height-45
BB-Seat Diff.-10
Ground Clearance-20
Wheelbase-130
Weight-15kg
Turning Circle-6m
Wheel Size-26"

  Very interesting bike Robert.
Ingenious how you integrated that folding bike frame into
your python.

    Hello Jurgen,
  Apology for sending oversized message. I do not know how to reduce the photos
without affecting their quality.   Thanks for the complements. No 'Zen feeling'
yet but perseverance works.
  Robert W

http://mail.yahoo.com

image/pjpeg