[python] Re: Fine for python riding?

  • From: "Vi Vuong" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 23:27:19 -0700 (PDT)

This wiki article also makes a distinction between controlled vs. uncontrolled
bike, for example
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_dynamics#Motions, for
example,
"An uncontrolled bike is laterally unstable when stationary and can be
laterally self-stable when moving under the right conditions or when
controlled by a rider."

Interesting historical note on center steering:
"An early implementation of the concept was the Phantom bicycle in the early
1870s promoted as a safer alternative to the penny-farthing"

http://www.mudsweatngears.co.uk/page_2473200.html
"1869– Reynolds and Mays – Phantom –
hinged in the middle of the frame, with a link system which resulted in the
steering being shared between both wheels."