[python] Fahrradsternfahrt Berlin 2012

  • From: Steffen Risse <big.skangster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 22:50:03 +0200

Hey guys,

today was this big day in the year, where thousands of cyclists start from
diffrent locations at the outside of Berlin to join tours to a big rally at
the center of the city. The python trike crowd this year was really big - I
found a second one on my route ;o) Here a
picture<https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3-V5FBBVNSBOUZxX2VlYzE3RU0>of
us both waiting to get on the city highway (which was closed for cars
some hours  and in a certain area like every year  - the best thing with
this event). I don't know how heavy his vehicle (it look looks much better
designed than mine) was as he had a generator for his music box while mine
is with batteries. I calculated a weight for my vehicle at about 85 to 90
kg in all which I drove about 70 km today (link to a map follows). As the
wheels of the trailer had only plain bearings it was like driving with an
open parachute (next investment will be some with zylinder bearings).
Beside that my tour started with a flat tire before the first meter and
ended with the same tire flat 500 meters before I arrived home. And still
it was a nice day ...

So hopefully we see some more pythons in Berlin in the comming years.

Cheers,
Steffen