[python] Re: FWD tadpole experiments

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 18:50:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi Steffen,

The donor bike was a failed attempt at rear wheel steering, so it was
easier/quicker to throw in 2 more wheels to imitate the tadpole configuration.
 I do like the gear ratio on the 24" middle wheel, which also fits me better
than 26"+. To lose traction, it only takes less than 1cm in of unevenness, so
no need to test it on a curve.  In fact, without rider the middle wheel is a
little higher than the sides to accommodate flexing with rider.  Luckily, the
side wheels can be operated by hand to get out of the situation.  On the road,
temporary wheel spin is OK since steering is not affected...

Regarding welding, the recycled frame pieces were welded when I started
learning, so bad that even I can't stare at it today.  However, some are quite
thick and sturdy so not worth the rework, just have to hide or overlook it.
 Sometimes, I just run out of patience...

Vi