[python] Re: Evolution Bike

  • From: Yoann b <yoann.b.1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 07:57:52 +0100

Le 27/03/2013 01:24, Ken Pendergrass a écrit :
Did you see this on the Bike Design Blog, www.coroflot.com/roelverhagen/Evolution-bike <http://www.coroflot.com/roelverhagen/Evolution-bike> ? Is it a python? Can it be built with an existing internal hub? I think it might have some self centering ability. Any way it's an elegant design. I wish a bike could be built that simply. Too bad the designer seems to have no interest in building it. I've noticed a fad among industrial designers. It seems one must do a bike.
Ken
Yes I've seen it, it's not a python if you have a look at the chase. However obviously ridable as FWD. The Hub doesn't exist yet, but we could modifie a NuVinci hub (the closer to that). Also we'll have some gear ratio matters until we use a 40" wheel ! I'm studying engineering, and it's a project I want to realise (and using eco-sourced materials as bamboo) =)