[python] Re: Electrified!

  • From: George Durbridge <gdurbrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 11:21:46 +1100

The Python trike has been done, and it works.  A trike can slowly climb
to the top of any hill, without falling over, even if you do get passed
by people walking their bikes, but you do need a low enough gear that
you are not straining to get there: because you can use lower speeds on
a trike than you could use on any bicycle, bike gears generally don't go
as low as you need.

The only Python trikes I know of are deltas (two rear wheels), but delta
trikes are dodgy beasts in corners and under brakes, unless the seat is
even lower than on most Pythons.  Tadpoles (two front wheels) are
stabler, but a Python tadpole would be very complex.

A fairing for a Python would have to deal with centre steering.  Would
you articulate the fairing in the middle, like a tram?  If the front end
and bottom bracket could move from side to side within it, the nose
would be huge, even by faired recumbent standards.