[python] Re: Dirk´s python (Was: P4 Trike)

  • From: Dirk Bonne <dirk_bonne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 22:34:47 +0100

Hej Juergen!

Today the weather here in Copenhagen lended itself perfectly for updating homepages. So I have been at it the whole afternoon and evening now (and my girl friend is out partying, so...). You must have been reading the changes while I was making them. It feels like you are watching my site like a hawk! ;-)

I thank you very much for your complement! It is very fun to work on it but takes a lot of time to make it "hang together".

Dirk

Jürgen Mages wrote:
Thanks Dirk,

your website is very interesting and fun to read.
I am curious how the first 60 deg python behaves.
 From the photo I even measured 59 deg.

After brazing the bearings didn't fit anymore :-(.
The pivot body deformed. I sanded it but it is a shame.
Dunno how to solve that problem in the future.

When, welding, the warping is even bigger. To prevent
this, I always place old bearings into the shell before
welding. They stabilize the whole thing.

Good luck furtheron,