[python] Re: Cool handlebar for 48deg 20in

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 21:39:45 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the tips and lead to some excellent bike research.  The linearized
model has been experimentally validated, so it's good to use.  It turns out
that
their code JBike6 also has a recumbent example, a Burley Canto short wheel
base,
so it's not so bad start for the python.  The experimental set up is also very
interesting
http://audiophile.tam.cornell.edu/~als93/Publications/KooijmanSchwabMeijaard2008.pdf.
  I am not sure about mounting the whole setup on a python -  "Sensors are
present for measuring the roll rate, yaw rate, steering angle, and rear wheel
rotation. Data are collected via a USB-connected data acquisition unit on the
laptop computer, mounted on the rear rack".  I am thinking more like an iPhone
mounted to the
pivot http://iphonetuts.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/3db25_qb6hU.png
 Maybe
 someone who knows Arend Schwab personally, can also convince him to try a
python...

Vi