[python] Re: Coaster Hub

  • From: "Ronald W. Hongsermeier" <RonWHongsermeier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 13:08:32 +0200

olaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:

On 22 jul 2006, at 08.25, Ronald W. Hongsermeier wrote:

Why would one do that? It will only make chain greasing an even peskier task than it already is.

If you keep the bottom side of the enclosure oil-tight, you could even add a bit of oil bath and never have to relube. This would only be clumbsy in the case of chain changes.

I would rather hire a mechanic who keeps my bike fit and greasy.

Please do not regard the following as anything pointed toward the demise of mechanics.

My social standing devoids me of the privilege of considering this option for most things in life. I considered chain guards of any kind to be kind of dumb until I once forgot to tuck in the shoelaces on my size 15's. Sorry to say that the lace's physical characteristics were better than their maker had hoped-- thus they were effective in bringing me to an unplanned landing...

The larger consideration is that the statement in favor of the oil-bath chain-protector comes from someone who once owned a perfectly functioning cardan drive motorcycle of here to be unnamed german manufacture, which machine carried its various owners with little complaint over more than 100K km before an electronic malady caused its unpleasant demise...

Olaf

Ron